Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Watching 'em grow.

I've photographed this family so many times over the last couple of years and it's always so much fun to go hang out with them. I adore each and every one of them and I love seeing the kids every few months- literally watching them grow before my camera.

Incidentally, they were the first family I ever took photos of. When I bought my first "big" camera, I was pretty much just experimenting on my own family for fun; being a photographer as a career choice so far from my mind. This family saw some of those photos and asked me to just swing by and take some fun photos of the kids. I was really adamant about not going because I felt like I had no idea how to really use my camera. Of course, my mother pushed me to go and was a step away from pulling out pom poms to cheer me on.

I ended up going, took some pictures and they were SO unbelievably happy and encouraging of me taking my photography more seriously - which I slowly started to do.

So each time I photograph their family, all the cousins, - it's really sentimental to me because I really feel like they were my first step into this world that I love so much.

Here are a couple shots from my FIRST shoot...
Photobucket

...and the kids today.
Photobucket

A few from over the years...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and the kids today.
Photobucket

Back then...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now...
Photobucket

Some new additions to this beautiful family...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite family pictures ever :)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment