Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!






My sister, Chanale, is a singer/song writer and composed this song in 2004, dedicated to my Mother. The words couldn't ring more true, so instead of compiling my own thoughts...I'll speak in the words of my sister.

----
I speak to be heard, but it's not my words my mouth sets free
In the mirror I gaze, the reflection of another face I see

Her lips speak my mind, and when I cry I see my tears in her eyes
The heart that beats within me...it's all my mother, so graceful and wise

I spread my wings to fly
It's from her hands that I take flight
Like a bird with new wings
With her encouragement once again I'll try

It's in her arms where I found life
So tell me what can I pay in return
For every lesson I'm taught
For no price can be bought
From my mother, there's no end to what I learn

Any wrong that I right, any heart that I brighten
Any gift that I share, any burden I lighten

For all the strength inside of me, every race I've won
Mom, you're everything I am, you're all that I've become

I lend a listening ear and I am there when a patient friend they need
I offer good advice, but do they know that it's your words that they hear

Today I favor I did, because from your child you expect no less
And while striving to achieve, in my power you believe
You're responsible for all of my success

Any wrong that I right, any heart I may brighten
Any gift that I share, any burden I lighten

For all the strength inside of me, every race I've won
Mom, you're everything I am, you're all that I've become

I hear your laugh, I feel at ease, I'm so secure
I'm reminded I have everything I'll ever need and more

For today I recognize and my children will agree
I've been blessed to have a mother who brings out the best in me

---

2 comments: